When asked to fabricate the window treatment for this master bedroom, designer Lori Paranjape ofRedo Home & Design emailed a photo to me. The photo showed a treatment that had a lot of promise, but needed updating. We discussed the ways it needed to be tweaked in order to make the treatment work. The original valance was made out of stiffer fabric. We definitely wanted this one to be supple and flowing, so Lori chose this beautiful striped silk, which we lined and interlined. The proportions would, of course, need to be changed to fit the larger space. My friend, Scot Robbins, is a master swag-maker since he sells the Parkhill Royale Swag System and knows swags inside and out. I spent some time trying to make a swag pattern out of lining using my Parkhill System, but wasn’t happy with my proportions. So I contacted Scot and he figured out the necessary pattern and the results are stunning. (Thank you Scot!)
Here is the original sketch and measurements that I sent to Scot.
The original “idea photo” with fabric swatches during the “Master Bedroom” meeting:
You will see that the original photo and sketch had an attached jabot in the center of the swags. When actually putting a treatment together, sometimes a design is tweaked at the last minute. That’s what happened here. The jabot was too heavy and fussy, so we decided to leave it off of the treatment. Ahhh, it looks so much better without it!